Improving store performance
We have worked in partnership with Specsavers over many years to develop the focus and leadership capability of their 1,000 plus store directors. Our goal is always to provide practical tools and advice that store owners can use to help them improve retail performance. Having completed another successful national programme we were asked to shine the spotlight on one, under-performing, store and help them to transform their retail performance.
Using the tools and practices developed for use across the entire fleet, we visited the store and in partnership with the owners and management team followed the simple processes in our retail performance model and introduced tools to drive sales and profit.
- developing a powerful (and shared) vision for the future of the business
- shaping the three-year business plan
- identifying the KPIs for success
- making targets and performance visible through engaging and interactive tools and processes
- developing a culture of ownership, accountability and responsibility within the whole store
- establishing team and individual review processes, and development plans
- delivering sales and service training and coaching.
Within three months the store was consistently achieving and beating sales targets, and was experiencing profitable months.
A new energy and ownership from the owners and teams created a dynamic and fun workplace.
Effective succession planning saw staff leave to establish their own stores and other internal staff took up the vacated roles.